Information Security Engineer
Skills and expertise you’ll require
- Kali Linux
Roles and Responsibilities
You’re awesome at and will be responsible for
- Perform security assessments of Web Applications, Backend APIs, Android and iOS Applications.
- Build in house tools to perform automated security testing.
- Work with developers, implement code scanning and draft best practices as per infosec guidelines.
- Understand the products and find the application security flaws.
- Own the security and be the go to person for anything related to application security.
- Educate the developers and product engineers on best security practices.
- Bring security in place with SDLC.
- Proactively perform vulnerability assessments across all our products, infrastructure and help the development team to patch vulnerabilities.
- Improve the application security Monitoring with SIEM.
- Participating in design and architectural discussions.
- Provide estimates for security testing activities during SCRUM planning.
- Draft security policies, IT governance as per crypto regulations.
Your Experience Across The Years in the Roles You’ve Played
- Good understanding of system, network and application security.
- Should have at least 5 years of relevant industry experience.
- Strong cryptographic background and implement crypto engineering principles and processes.
- Blog / Write ups / Github / presented papers into conferences like Nullcon, PyCon.
- Experience in building REST APIs and expertise in software development is preferred.
- Programming experience into Python or Perl.
- Very deep knowledge of OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities.
- In depth understanding of cryptographic systems and protocols. Alice & Bob are your buddies. Experience in Solidity is good to have.
- Hands-on experience in manual and automated security testing using tools like Burp Suite, Nessus, Zed Attack Proxy (ZAP), Linux security distribution like Kali or any other etc.
- Active participation in Bug bounty, CTFs are good to have.
We Value Engineers Who Are
Customer-focused: We believe that doing what’s right for the creator is ultimately what will drive our business forward.
Obsessed with Quality: Your Production code just works & scales linearly
Team players. You believe that more can be achieved together. You listen to feedback and also provide supportive feedback to help others grow/improve.
Pragmatic: We do things quickly to learn what our creators desire. You know when it’s appropriate to take shortcuts that don’t sacrifice quality or maintainability.
Owners: Engineers at Chingari know how to positively impact the business.
Qualifications – Who we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical discipline, with at least 5 years of related work experience in Python/perl and Linux.
- Solid experience with systems, network, and large scale applications.
- Good understanding of perimeter security, OSI protocols.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills;
- Passion about technologies and solving challenging problems.
The glory. Almost too much responsibility.
A fun-life balance
A ticket on our rocket ship to the moon. 🚀
Work with the worlds largest social media Web3 company