Software Engineer – Backend
Skills and expertise you’ll require
Roles and Responsibilities
You’re awesome at and will be responsible for –
- Lead design, development, implementation and maintenance of applications & back-end services demonstrating service-oriented architecture.
- Design, build, test, and maintain scalable APIs, services, and systems within the platform.
- Choose the right Data Structures, tools and tech stacks and be able to do High Level Designing with guidance.
- Build, develop, mentor, review code and coach junior team members.
- Extensive knowledge of ElasticSearch, MongoDB or Cassandra, Redis, SQS and data streaming (Spark, Flink, Kafka streams, storm, etc.).
- Well versed in Kafka Understanding cloud native technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes, capable to cover full development lifecycle including CI/CD
- Experience in use of source code management system like GIT, bitbucket and build tools like ant, maven, Gradle or make.
- Take great pride in Code quality and developer productivity.
- Put in Microservcies architecture in place that paves road for scalability, efficiency, observability, and availability.
- Build (and open source) data processing, storage and fetch systems at the petabyte scale with the lowest cost/GB while still responding in milliseconds at the 99th percentile.
- Build algorithms and services to influence personalisation and recommendation from a real-time recommendation engine for both home feed to surface most viral videos + video e-commerce.
- Build machine learning pipelines using Kinesis,Spark/Flink/TensorFlow etc
- Agile methodologies, Sprint management, Roadmap, Mentoring, Documenting, Software architecture
- Proven experience in handling large infrastructure and distributed systems
- Liaison with Product Management, DevOps, QA, Client and other teams
Your Experience Across The Years in the Roles You’ve Played
- Have total or more 5 – 7 years of experience with 2-3 years in a startup.
- Have B.Tech or M.Tech or equivalent academic qualification from premier institute.
- Experience in Product companies working on Internet-scale applications is preferred
- Thoroughly aware of cloud computing infrastructure on AWS leveraging cloud native service and infrastructure services to design solutions.
- Follow Cloud Native Computing Foundation leveraging mature open source projects including understanding of containerisation/Kubernetes.
We Value Engineers Who Are
- Customer-focused: We believe that doing what’s right for the creator is ultimately what will drive our business forward.
- Obsessed with Quality: Your Production code just works & scales linearly
- Team players. You believe that more can be achieved together. You listen to feedback and also provide supportive feedback to help others grow/improve.
- Pragmatic: We do things quickly to learn what our creators desire. You know when it’s appropriate to take shortcuts that don’t sacrifice quality or maintainability.
- Owners: Engineers at Chingari know how to positively impact the business.
The glory. Almost too much responsibility.
A fun-life balance
A ticket on our rocket ship to the moon. 🚀